ALEXA RANKING:Know the Rank of your BLOG----HOW GOOD ARE YOU AT BLOGGING

Alexa.com is a site that tracks traffic online. In fact right now your blog has what is called an Alexa Ranking or what I prefer to call it – “AlexaRank”.
AlexaRank is a number based on how popular your blog is compared to all the other blogs and websites on the Word Wide Web. The lower your AlexaRank number the better.
For example the most popular sites like Google and Yahoo! have single digit AlexaRanks because they are in the top ten of all websites online.
Generally if you can bring your blog’s AlexaRank to below the 100,000 level you are doing well.
If you want to know what your blog’s AlexaRank is go to www.Alexa.com and click the “Traffic Rankings” tab at the top, then enter your blog site address.
MORE ON ALEXA
I recently wrote an in-depth article introducing AlexaRank to my blog readers. I suggest you go read this articles now if you have no idea what AlexaRank is. You can find it here –
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT ALEXA?
Besides being a fun thing to watch, your AlexaRank is factored in by many services online as a measure of your blog’s importance and traffic.
If you intend to make money from your blog from advertisements and selling text links you need to do all you can to raise to your AlexaRank.
Obviously the best way to do this is to actually increase your traffic, which is why you joined my newsletter, so keep implementing my traffic tips and your AlexaRank will improve over time naturally.
The main problem with AlexaRank is how it collects traffic data. It relies on a very small pool of people who use the Alexa Toolbar and based on their surfing habits, applies a ranking to every website online. Since the Alexa Toolbar users represent a very small sample of the overall total of Internet users, Alexa traffic rankings are often a poor reflection of reality, especially for lower traffic sites.
ALEXARANK EXPERIMENT
I recently conducted an experiment on three of my blogs to test whether I could raise my AlexaRank consistently. I had a theory that I thought was quite sound.
My results were good. After a couple of weeks all three of my blogs had increased their AlexaRank by at least 25% and they are still rising.
My method was very simple and you can implement it on your blog in a matter of minutes and to test whether it helps your blog Alexa Rank.

Here’s to your blogging success,

No comments: