25th OCT 2009


Date: 25th Oct 2009
Time: 5.30 PM
Location: Bhaskis (somewhere in the east)
I walked up to the walls and said, “Hey there, how are you folks? Time flies by, doesn’t it? Two and a half years have passed by since we last talked.”
They said, “Yeah right. Whatever”, and stood still.
They did not share my enthusiasm. I exclaimed, “What?”
They were silent.
I said, “I am talking to you. Do you even remember me? I am ABHIJAT.”
They replied calmly, “Yes, we do.”
I was disappointed so asked them, “Is everything alright?”
They said, “yes.”
To this, I asked, “..then why are you so indifferent & cold!”
They didn’t reply and remained still. Meanwhile, I ordered a cup of tea and felt like smoking but then decided against it. I was sipping my tea and ordered another one. Behind me, they stood like a statue and I was wondering what went wrong. Earlier, we were friends. But now they were behaving as if they did not know me. It was complete and utter silence.
I had finished my second cup of tea and still, not a word from them.
I stood up, paid for the tea and started to leave. Someone called, “wait!” So I turned around. At last they wanted to talk. They spoke but it was brief.
They said, “MOVE ON. THE TIME IS GONE. IT WILL NEVER COME BACK. SO STOP WAITING IN ITS ANTICIPATION”, and stood silent again. I was stoned and didn’t know how to react but realized something. They were right.. totally right. Again, it was utter silence and this probably made their words sound more meaningful to me. I gazed at the skies and said to the walls, “..thanks”, but they were cold as usual. To my surprise, I was at peace and left for my room.

No comments: